Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Wall Wears Chevron Stripes

Finally it's done folks! I did it-chevron stripes on the game room wall! I had been mulling over how to achieve this look with as little an effort as possible. I believe in conserving energy people. I have been inspired by zig-zag-walls on offbeathome.com.  What a terrific project without all the laser level-juggling and chalk lines going nuts! I had the paint and I had the requisite brushes, rollers and frog tape, but as is usual with me - no patience for intricate measurement to draw the grid. But I was raring to go.  As I was shuffling through my mind for tool for the lazy painter also known as yours truly, to grid making on walls - I happened upon an 11" by 14" canvas. Perfect! Without further ado, I launched into drawing the grid on the wall with a soft pencil. You can tell, I am big on planning a project. :-) But in my defense, I did put it on paper to see how it might turn out. Here is the picture.Observe the detail and complex calculations........




Materials:
$7 oops paint from Benjamin Moore
Rollers
Paint tray
Frog tape( I can't recommend it enough)
Canvas or cardboard box or something to use as a measure to make a grid on the wall.

So I got to work. The canvas grid was easy to do. Then it was time to stick the frog tape across the diagonals to make a zig zag pattern. The most important thing is to get it really well adhered to the wall surface, so as to minimize the bleeding of paint.

Taped up and ready to go
Oops paint! here I come.I will spare you the pictures of my self painting the stripes. I depend upon your future visits for the survival of my blog. :-) But here is the work in progress.

Finally the wall wears stripes!
It is done, the painting I mean. Time to meditate and ponder the slowness of time it takes for the paint to dry. And here is the final result of all the work.


One more view.....


I am happy with it, if I do say so myself. What do you think? Please do drop a line. I would appreciate it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment